- Take a stroll or shop your way down Orange Avenue between 10th Street and Dana Place, Coronado's main street.
- At the other end of the island, check out Coronado's Ferry Landing for a collection of over 20 shops, art galleries and restaurants along with stunning views of San Diego's downtown skyline.
- Want to know more about Coronado? Check out the Coronado Historical Association and Museum of History and Art.
- Visit the National Historic Landmark - the Hotel del Coronado. Built in 1888, the hotel has a colorful past (including ghosts!) and is widely believed to be the inspiration for the Emerald City in the Wizard of Oz.
- Want to get away to San Diego? Take one of the ferries from Flagship Cruises from the ferry landing across the bay to Seaport Village, on the edge of downtown San Diego.
- If ferries make you seasick, consider taking the San Diego MTS (public transportation system) which includes buses, light rail, and trolleys.
San Diego Area:
- See some wild animals at the San Diego Zoo
- Visit the birthplace of California. History is waiting for you with over 17 historic points of interest, galleries, restaurants, and shops in the Old Town area of San Diego.
- Relax on one of the many San Diego beaches.
- Choose from over 200 restaurants, bars, nightclubs, boutiques, art galleries and shops in the historic Gaslamp Quarter.
- Take the kids (and those young at heart) to Belmont Park.
La Jolla Area:
- Drive over and then hike out to Point Loma and look out over San Diego. While you can't swim there, you can explore tidepools and watch the waves crash on the cliffs.
- LIke golfing by the seaside? Traveling with someone who likes golf? Take a day trip and visit Torrey Pines!
- Check out the current production at the La Jolla Playhouse.
- Grab some fresh fruits and vegetables at the La Jolla Open Aire Market.
Staying in California before or after the conference? Don't miss these cities and attractions outside of the San Diego area: